What a spring! After the drought in 2012, who could have predicted the steady torrent of thunderstorms we’ve had so far in 2013? If you have any low-lying or poorly drained areas in your yard, you surely know about it by now.
Unfortunately, rainy weather like this often proves just how tolerant (or intolerant) your plants are to wet soils. Many of our customers have asked: “What can I plant in this wet area?” … Here is a list of plants that we typically stock at Miller Nursery that might fit your needs.
- River Birch (Betula nigra)
- Sweet Gum (Liquidambar styraciflua)
- Swamp White Oak (Quercus bicolor)
- Bald Cypress (Taxodium distichum)
- Red Chokeberry (Aronia arbutifolia)
- Black Chokeberry (Aronia melanocarpa)
- Vernal Witchhazel (Hamamelis vernalis)
- Ninebark (Physocarpus opulifolius)
- Arrowwood Viburnum (Viburnum dentatum)